Self-drive Jeep Safari Tour in Crete
The self-drive Jeep Safari in Crete is a pretty unique way to explore and discover the less-visited part of the island, including the inland and the southern coast.
You will be given a jeep that you will drive on your own (in a group of 4) or share with another couple otherwise.
Qualified multi languaged guides will lead the group of jeeps and he will take you to some secret spots that you would have otherwise missed out.
Small traditional villages, beautiful gorges, crystal clear beaches are just a few things that you will be able to experience in this Jeep Safari Tour
The big stop is on the south coast where you have the possibility to enjoy a swim in the Libyan Sea and taste a lovely home-cooked lunch in a traditional tavern (included in price).
Plenty of fun, driving your own jeep, in a safe and guided way.
You can read also
- Top-rated places to visit in Crete [including some hidden gems]
- Where to stay in Crete (best areas and worst areas)
- Best itineraries of Crete, from 3 days to a 2 weeks stay (with maps and daily plans)
- Best Jeep Safaris in Crete – the top 5 in the island
- The Samaria Gorge Hike – All you need to know
- Elafonisi Beach – The practical Guide
The Self-drive Jeep Safari in Crete – In a nutshell
Location: Sofokli Venizelou st. 15 / Kavafi st. 3 (corner), Rethymnon
Pick up Area: the pickup from the Rethymnon area is included in the price
Typical duration: the tour starts around 9:30am and it lasts approx 8 hours. You will be back at your hotel around 5:30pm in the afternoon
Available Days: The tour runs every day
Languages spoken by the tour guides: The tours are run by multilingual guides, which is very handy.
Available vehicle models: 4WD Suzuki 4-seats
Off-road experience: Half of the tour is off-road and half of the tour is on paved roads so there is the possibility to see and experience many beautiful places in Crete which are reachable only with a 4WD, which is great.
Water/Lunch: a 1.5L water bottle is given to all the participants. A characteristic Cretan lunch is also provided in the price, with options for meat lovers and vegetarians too. Seasonal salads, tzatziki and bread are included as well.
Don’t forget: suncream, a hat, a towel and a swimming change as you will have the possibility to spend some time in the water. Gym/training shoes are recommended for the driver, suggested for everyone else.
Top 3 unmissable attractions in the tour:
- St Antonios Gorge, about 40 min into the drive. This is a secret spot of Crete, only known by the locals. It’s a beautiful boutique gorge with waterfalls and a small little chapel carved into a cave dedicated to St Antonios.
- Palm Beach, a very unique place in Crete. Located next to a monastery and nestled between the sea and the Kissano Faraggi gorge and river where you will find an amazing palm forest, a real wild botanical garden totally unexpected in the otherwise dry area.
- The viewpoint to the Lybian sea is another highlight of the trip, along the drive that takes the tour to the south coast. Get ready with your camera, absolutely gorgeous view
Stops for swimming: the tour stops at the amazing Ligres Beach to have a swim and enjoy your lunch in a traditional tavern and relax for 2 hours. Bring your swimsuit and a towel
Children friendly: Families with kids of any age are welcome to join this tour, a good mix of sightseeing, walking and fun at the beach
All drivers must be over 18 years old and owners of a valid driving license
Self-drive Jeep Safari in Crete – How to contact
- Phone number (both WhatsApp and Viber): +30 6980115572
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.discovery-safari.gr
- Price & Availability: Book your tour without worrying of sudden change. You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund