We believe that photography is a free form of expression, a form of art, and as such should be shared, seen, watched, enjoyed together.
Our licensing policies are thus designed to balance the costs that go into creating and sharing our images with the desire to provide inspiration through our images on the internet and around the world.
MEL365.com allows use of the own images in two ways:
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE
With Creative Commons you are free:
To Share: Copy, Distribute, and Transmit the image
To Remix: Create Derivative works of the image
Under these conditions:
Attribution: Attribution to “MEL365.com – The Travel Photography website” must be made along with the image.
Non-Commercial: The image must not be used for commercial purposes under any circumstances. For clarity on what defines commercial use, please see the Sample Accepted Uses below.
Please note. If your website/blog includes advertisement (as Google AdSense or others, including affiliate programs) than your website/blog is a commercial website and you need to license the photo as described in the License To Copyright paragraph below
SAMPLE ACCEPTED USE OF THE CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE:
- Blog Post describing a walk through St.Kilda
- Online article discussing the growing popularity of HDR photography in Melbourne and Australia
- A website for a school project
- An individual using an image as a desktop background for the computer monitor
LICENSE TO COPYRIGHT
‘Commercial Use’ regarding the use of images online or offline is defined very broadly. The determination of commercial or non-commercial use is based on the contextual use of the image.
The determination is NOT based on the tax-filing status of the entity using the image nor on whether or not a financial transaction takes place.
Commercial use of our images are allowed only if expressly granted by photo contributors. All commercial uses will incur a licensing fee.
If your website/blog includes advertisement (as Google AdSense or others, including affiliate programs) than your website/blog is a commercial website and you need to license the photo as described in the License To Copyright paragraph below
The fees are based on the following criteria:
- Media – print, web, television, etc.
- Distribution Size – number of copies printed, viewing audience size, exposure (regional, national, international)
- Length of Use – 1 year, 2 years, etc.
- Prominence of Display – 1/4 page, 1/2 page, full page, spread, front cover, back cover, home page (online), interior page (online), etc.
All licensing inquiries should be sent to: licensing@MEL365.com
SAMPLE USE REQUIRING A LICENSE TO COPYRIGHT:
- A marketing campaign for a commercial entity
- A fund-raising campaign for a not-for profit entity
- A background image for a website about furniture
- License to create an individual print for use in a private home
- A blog post with advertising as Google AdSense, or others including affiliate programs, in the website (either on the same page or other pages)
Thanks to the StuckInCustom.com website that helped us defining more precisely the rights