Olive Oil and Wine tasting Jeep Safari Tour
A wine tasting day-trip is one of the best experiences in Crete that you should not miss.
You can do it using a rented car or you can simply join a small van or a big bus tour.
However, you may miss out on the best mainland areas accessible only by 4WD, where you can see and experience the most authentic wineries.
That’s why I highly suggest joining a Jeep Safari Tour for a special and unique olive oil and wine tasting day trip.
Chania Adventures runs a luxury Safari Tours on comfortable 4WD vehicles that explore the most remote parts of the island, accessible only by rough roads.
It is a tour in style where you will be given plenty of information on the Cretan history, the island culture, the wine evolution through the years and of course you will taste the best local cuisine, all in a small group (up to 6 guests per guide).
Without further ado, let’s check out all you need to know, including a few photos of the tour.
You can read also
- Top-rated places to visit in Crete [including some hidden gems]
- Where to stay in Crete (best areas and worst areas)
- Best itineraries of Crete, from 3 days to a 2 weeks stay (with maps and daily plans)
- Best Jeep Safaris in Crete – the top 5 in the island
- The Samaria Gorge Hike – All you need to know
- Elafonisi Beach – The practical Guide
The Olive Oil and Wine tasting Jeep Safari Tour – In a nutshell
Location: The Olive Oil and Wine tasting Jeep Safari Tour is based in Chania, west of Crete
Pick up area: The tour starts from the town of Chania however pick up is available (included in the price) up to 20km from the town.
Typical duration: the tour lasts 7-8 hours, starting at 9am and back in town around 4-5pm.
Available Days: this is a daily tour (except on Sundays) running from the 1st of April till 30th of November
Languages spoken by the tour guides: English and Greek
Available vehicle models: four-wheel drive (4wd), 7-seater Mitsubishi Pajero and Land Rover Discovery with full A/C.
Off-road experience: the tour is approx 20% of the time driving on unsealed and unique roads that will take you to the backcountry of Crete. Approx 50% of the day will be on small narrow roads, so characteristic of Crete.
Don’t forget the sunglasses, hat, sun cream, a jacket (depending on the weather conditions). Sport shoes or sandals are recommended.
Top 3 unmissable attractions in the tour:
- The 3000 years old olive tree in a small local village where the Jeep Safari Tour stops for a cup of coffee, a fresh orange juice and homemade cake.
- The Olive Oil and Wine tastings. This is the best part of the tour where you can learn all about the production of olive oil and wine at the Anoskeli’s olive mill and winery. In the first part of the visit you can taste the organic extra virgin olive oil, spread on warm bread with oregano, salt and lemon juice. In the second part you can visit the winery and taste 5 different labels of local wine, accompanied by Cretan snacks.
- Exploring the characteristic mainland on comfortable, full A/C vehicles.
Lunchtime: A traditional lunch made of Cretan tastes, with fresh seasonal products, is provided during the tour.
Children friendly: Children for this adventure should be 9 years or older
Olive Oil and Wine tasting Jeep Safari Tour – How to contact
- Phone number/WhatsApp: +306973732215
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website : www.chaniaadventures.gr
- Price & Availability: Book your tour without worrying of sudden change. You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund