Gozo Tuk Tuk Tour – A Unique Experience Of Malta – REVIEW
This is one of the best tours in the country because you will get to discover most of Gozo’s highlights in just one day, using a characteristic tuk tuk.
I cannot stop myself from recommending everyone to visit Gozo. This is the Malta as it used to be, a step back in the past!
Moreover, it is a part of the country that is usually overlooked by most of the tourists, leaving it to a few travellers looking beyond the beaten path.
This Malta tuk tuk tour starts from either the Gozo Harbour or the most popular destinations in the country, like Valletta, Sliema, St Julian or St Paul’s Bay, and, in this case, you will take a ferry to the Gozo island early in the morning.
You can read also
- Best attractions to visit in 1 or 2 days in Gozo
- Top-rated places to visit in Malta [including some hidden gems]
- Where to stay in Malta (best areas and worst areas)
- Best itineraries of Malta, from 3 days to a week stay (with maps and daily plans)
Gozo Tuk Tuk Tour in Malta – In a nutshell
Location: The Tuk Tuk Tour is run by Yippee, with offices in both Malta and Gozo Island, directly at the Gozo Harbour
Pick up area: Pick up is available and included in the price in a few popular destinations as Valletta, Sliema, St Julian or St Paul’s Bay
Typical duration: the tour lasts 7-8 hours, starting at 8am and back in town around 4pm.
Available Days: this is a tour running almost every day of the year. Malta is relatively warm also in winter, however check the weather forecast between November and April to avoid surprises on cold temperatures and rainy days.
Languages spoken by the tour guides: English, French, Italian, German, Polish
Available vehicle models: relatively new tuk-tuk
Off-road experience: the tour is approx 30% of the time driving on unsealed roads and approx 70% on small narrow roads, typical of the Gozo inland
Don’t forget the sunglasses, hat, sun cream, a jacket (depending on the weather conditions). Sport shoes or sandals are recommended.
Top 3 unmissable attractions in the tour:
- The walk along the Sanap Cliffs, a place that is out of this world, one of the nature wonders of Gozo and the country of Malta.
- The Dwejra Bay, home of the first series of the Game of Thrones. This is a small lagoon, or inland sea, connected to the open sea through a cave. You can swim in it or take the boat for a tour of the coastline.
- The visit to Zebbug Salt Pans, located in the north coast. This is where the local producers still make the salt in the traditional way, scraping it from the man made basins.
Lunchtime: A traditional lunch made of Gozitan tastes, with fresh seasonal products, is provided during the tour.
Children friendly: This is a great experience for the entire family. The kids will enjoy so much the tuk tuk drive. Plenty of fun.
Gozo Tuk Tuk Tour – How to contact
- Phone number/WhatsApp: +356 2156 0512
- Email: email@example.com
- Price & Availability: Book your tour without worrying of sudden change. You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Gozo Tuk Tuk Tour – My experience
I loved my time travelling with the tuk-tuk.
The driver, Jeffrey, was extremely knowledgeable, and he took us to most iconic places and a few amazing hidden gems, like the limestone quarry.
I organised the Gozo tuk-tuk tour in June and the weather was warm but not hot, right perfect.
It was great to have a bit of shade and at the same time some air, similar to a motorbike drive.
The tuk tuk was also very practical, being some of the streets on the island so narrow!
I find it better than a quad bike (tiring and easy to get so dirty with all the dust in Gozo) and also better than a safari car (too warm in Gozo in summer for a car)
It has been one of my best experiences in Malta that I would definitely suggest to everyone.
Gozo Tuk Tuk Tour in Malta – what you should expect
Gozo Tuk Tuk Tour – The video
This below is a video I have organised for two days in Gozo. On the second day, you can see the tuk-tuk tour