Where is Lord Howe Island, and Why Should You Visit?
Lord Howe Island is a remote and untouched piece of land that has been part of Tasmania for over 150 years.
It is located in the Pacific Ocean, off the coast of Sydney, about 370 kilometres away.
The island is known for its beautiful beaches and lush rainforest.
It also offers some amazing hiking and walking trails and wildlife encounters.
Lord Howe Island is a popular tourist destination for Australians and tourists alike because of its beauty and serenity.
5 Reasons You Need to Visit Lord Howe Island
There are innumerable reasons why you should visit Lord Howe Island.
For example, it has great beaches, amazing hikes, and beautiful forests.
If that is not enough, here are some more reasons to pay the island a visit, especially this Christmas.
- Lord Howe Island has great diving opportunities for beginners and experts alike:
- The natural beauty of the island will take your breath away; Instagram will not get enough of your photos.
- You will find friendly locals in this remote paradise; they are always helpful when you need directions.
- It’s the perfect place if you want to escape from it all; just open your Woolworths catalogue to shop for all your essentials (because they have everything you’ll need on an island), pack your bags (leave your gadgets behind), and head to the island by ferry. You’ll come back so refreshed that you’ll want to go back again and again.
- You will have access to some of the world’s tastiest seafood here; of course, you’ll need an authentic experience, so take time to also dine out. The ideal place to stay on Lord Howe Island is the Bayview Resort. It offers luxury accommodation and has the best restaurant on the island.
Lord Howe Island best attractions – things to do
The island is accessible by boat, plane, and ferry. Renting a car is the most common way to move around the island.
Lord Howe Island has many attractions to offer, and there are many things to do while visiting this beautiful place. The following is a brief list of things you may do on the island:
- Boat tours
- Snorkelling and diving
- Bird watching
- Sites and landmarks
- Water sports
- Spas and wellness centres
Then there are the beaches and the warm waters, as well as a lot of wonderful resorts to choose from.
You have the option of staying at one of the several hotels on the island or renting a private residence.
Lord Howe Island is the ideal location for both romantic getaways and adventurous trips. It is a beautiful place with a lot to offer.
Renting a car and taking your time to explore the island is the best way to experience this amazing location.
Remember to go on at least one of the infamous walking trails and visit the rainforest when you are not enjoying the warm water on the beach.